1. Copy the citation information or keep it handy in a separate internet browser window/tab. Open a new window/tab in your internet browser.
2. Visit the Journals page.
3. In Journals, enter the name of the journal (or magazine, newspaper, etc.) in the search field and click “Search”. If our databases provide electronic access to any full-text articles from the journal in question, it will appear as a search result with the years/issues available.
4. If the issue containing your article fits within the provided range, click on the journal title and browse (in the relevant database) to the issue containing your article.
5. If the journal is not listed in Journals, return to the WorldCat database, and above WorldCat’s main search field, select the Articles tab. Paste the title of the article (not the journal name) into the search field, then click “Search Articles.”
6. If the article appears as a search result, click its title, then scroll down to the “Find a Copy in the Library” section and, at its top-right, click “Request Item”. Fill out and submit the request form. The article should arrive within a few days. You will receive an email to let you know when it has arrived.
7. If the article does not appear as a search result in Step 6, return to the main page of the WorldCat database and click on Advanced Search beneath the main search field. In the “Limit results by” section of the Advanced Search page, select the format of “Journal / Magazine / Newspaper” and, above that, in the “Title” search field, paste the name of the journal (not the article title). Click “Search”.
8. If the journal appears as a search result, click its name, scroll down to the “Find a Copy in the Library” section and, at its top-right, click “Request Item”. Fill out the request form and, in its comments field, paste the entire citation of the article. Click “Submit.” The article should arrive within a few days. You will receive an email to let you know when it has arrived.
9. If you encounter a problem or need help, please contact SVU’s librarians by any of the methods listed below:
- Visit the Library’s “Ask a Librarian” Desk
- Email a Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call a Librarian at 540-261-4084