Sample Call Numbers
|The Islamic World||DS 35.3-35.77|
|Arab Countries History||DS 37-39.2|
|Middle East. Southwestern Asia. Ancient Orient. Arab East. Near East||DS 41-66|
|Iraq (Assyria, Babylonia, Mesopotamia)||DS 67-79.9|
|Arabian Peninsula. Saudi Arabia||DS 201-248|
|Iran History||DS 270-318.85|
|Pakistan. Local history and description||DS 392-392.2|
Sample Subject Headings
Start by searching the catalog by keyword. Use whatever terms you think best describe your topic. When you find a record that matches what you are looking for, view the record and see what subject headings were used. Then search again using that term as a subject search.
- Islamic architecture
- Islamic art and symbolism
- Asia, Central--Civilization--Islamic influences.
- Law--Islamic influences.
- Civilization, Arab
- Islamic Civilization
- Islamic countries--History.
- Islamic countries--Social conditions.
- Islamic education
- Islamic empire
- Islamic Fundamentalism -- Syria
- Islamic illumination of books and manuscripts.
- Islamic Law
- Islamic Literature
- Islamic marriage customs and rites.
- Islamic modernism -- Middle East
- Islamic music
- Islamic painting
- Islamic philosophy
- Islamic poetry, Arabic
- Islamic Religious Education
Sample Materials at Von Canon Library
|Islam : a thousand years of faith and power||BP 55 .B57 2002|
|Beyond jihad : the pacifist tradition in West African Islam||BP 64 .A38 S26 2016|
|No god but God : the origins, evolution, and future of Islam||BP 161.3 .A79 2005|
|The book of contemplation : Islam and the Crusades||DS 97.3 .U813 2008|
|Women and gender in Islam : historical roots of a modern debate||HQ 1784 .A67 1992|
|God has ninety-nine names : reporting from a militant Middle East||BP 63 .A4 M53625 1996|
|Islam : Its History, Teaching, and Practices||eBook|
|Islam in the 21st Century||eBook|
|Visual Culture in the Modern Middle East : Rhetoric of the Image||eBook|
|On Art in the Ancient Near East||eBook|
|The Urban Social History of the Middle East, 1750-1950||HT 147 .M53 U73 2008|
- Academic Search Complete
- Bridgeman Art Library
- Credo Reference
- Encyclopedia of Religion
- Humanities International Complete
- MasterFILE Premier
- Military & Government Collection
- National Gallery Collection
- Proquest Dissertations and Theses Global
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Women and Social Movements, Scholars Edition
- Women’s Studies International
Relevant Journals and Magazines
- Contemporary Islam
- Journal of Islamic Studies
- The Muslim World: A Quarterly Review of History, Culture, Religions & the Christian Mission in Islamdom
- Anthropology of the Middle East
- Journal of Middle East Women's Studies
- Arabic and Middle Eastern Literatures
These are just examples. To find more, or to look for a specific journal or periodical, search our Journals.