Websites and Digital Archives
The following websites are librarian-evaluated to provide trustworthy information for your topic. They include digitized collections connected to your topic.
- Becoming Human | Evolution Resources
- Timeline of Evolutionary Thought
- Institute of Human Origins
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- The Complete Works of Charles Darwin Online
- The Scopes "Monkey" Trial
- American Museum of Natural History: Human Origins
- European Society for Evolutionary Biology: A Guide to the Creationism/Evolution Controversy
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- Evolution (Biology)
- Social Evolution
- Evolutionary Genetics
- Group Selection (Evolution)
- Human Evolution
- Life - Origin
- Natural Selection
- Evolution (Biology) - History
- Evolution (Biology) - Philosophy
- Evolution (Biology) - Research
- Evolution - Moral and Ethical Aspects
- Evolution - Study and Teaching - Law and Legislation
The following databases are specifically useful for your topic. You can search them individually on the databases page.
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. YOu can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Evolution and Development
- Evolutionary Applications
- Evolutionary Bioinformatics Online
- Journal of Human Evolution
Print Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|Ancient bodies, modern lives : how evolution has shaped women's health||RA 778 .T673 2010|
|The evolution wars : a guide to the debates||QH 361 .R874 2009|
|Life ascending : the ten great inventions of evolution||QH 367 .L36 2009|
|The humans who went extinct : why Neanderthals died out||GN 285 .F54 2009|
|Selection : the mechanism of evolution||QH 375 .B44 2008|
|The major transitions in evolution||QH 366.2 .M3918 2007|
|The evolution-creation struggle||BT 712 .R88 2005|
|The plausibility of life : resolving Darwin's dilemma||QH 366.2 K57 2005|
|Genetics, evolution, and biological control||e-book|
|Beasts of Eden walking whales, dawn horses, and other enigmas||e-book|