Websites and Digital Archives
The following websites are librarian-evaluated to provide trustworthy information for your topic. They include digitized collections connected to your topic.
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- American literature--20th century--History and criticism.
- American literature--Catholic authors
- American literature--Georgia.
- American literature--Irish American authors--History and criticism.
The following databases are specifically useful for your topic. You can search them individually on the databases page.
- Academic Search Complete
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Humanities International Complete
- Literature Resources from Gale
- MasterFILE Premier
- Twayne Authors Online
- Women’s Studies International
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. YOu can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Flannery O'Connor Review
- The news-letter of the Society for the Study of Southern Literature
- The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature
- The Southern Review
- The Southern Literary Journal
- Southern Literary Messenger
- Louisiana Literature
- Studies in 20th and 21st Century Literature
- Southern Quarterly
- American Literature
- Modern Fiction Studies
Print Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|Flannery O'Connor and the mystery of love||PS 3565 .C57 Z679|
|American gargoyles : Flannery O'Connor and the medieval grotesque||PS 3565 .C57 Z646 1993|
|Flannery O'Connor : a proper scaring||PS 3565 .C57 Z584|
|Flannery O'Connor, the imagination of extremity||PS 3565 .C57 S2|
|Flannery O'Connor's South||PS 3565 .C57 Z63|
|The added dimension : the art and mind of Flannery O'Connor||PS 3565 .C57 Z67|
|Flannery O'Connor : Writing a Theology of Disabled Humanity||eBook|
|Creating Flannery O'Connor : Her Critics, Her Publishers, Her Readers||eBook|
|Flannery O'Connor's Dark Comedies : The Limits of Inference||eBook|
|Flannery O'Connor, Hermit Novelist||eBook|
|Passing by the Dragon : The Biblical Tales of Flannery O'Connor||eBook|
|Return to Good and Evil : Flannery O'Connor's Response to Nihilism||eBook|