Websites and Digital Archives
The following websites are librarian-evaluated to provide trustworthy information for your topic. They include digitized collections connected to your topic.
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- Milton, John 1608-1674
- Milton, John 1608-1674 - History of Britain
- Milton, John 1608-1674 - Doctrine and discipline of divorce
- Milton, John 1608-1674 - Criticism and interpretation
- Milton, John 1608-1674 - Influence
- Milton, John 1608-1674 - Ethics
- Milton, John 1608-1674 - Literary Style
- Blank verse, English - History and criticism
- Great Britian - History - Civil War, 1642-1649 - LIterature and the War
The following databases are specifically useful for your topic. You can search them individually on the databases page.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Humanities International Complete
- Literature Resources from Gale
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. YOu can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Milton Quarterly
- Milton Review
- Seventeenth-Century News
- Literature and History
- English Literary History
- English Literary Renaissance
- English Studies
- Studies in English Literature
- Review of English Studies
Print Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|The Cambridge companion to Milton||PR 3588 .C27|
|The Age of Milton: An Encyclopedia of Major 17th-Century British and American Authors :||e-Book|
|A Milton dictionary||REMOTE PR 3580 .L4|
|How Milton works||PR 3588 .F57|
|John Milton : the inner life||PR 3581 .T49|
|Paradise lost : an authoritative text, backgrounds and sources, criticism||PR 3560 .A2 E45|
|Asimov's annotated Paradise lost||PR 3560 .A8|
|The complete poetical works of John Milton||PR 3550 .F65|
|Coming of age as a poet : Milton, Keats, Eliot, Plath||PR 502 .V46|
|George Eliot's dialogue with John Milton||e-Book|
|The endless kingdom Milton's scriptural society||e-Book|
|Imperfect sense the predicament of Milton's irony||e-Book|