Judaism and Modern Israel
Selected Call Numbers
Call numbers are the shelving locations for each item. Browsing in the following areas of the library will help you find materials for your topic.
|Principles of Judaism||BM545-582|
|Judaism Festivals and Fasts||BM690-695|
|Judaism Rites and Customs||BM700-720|
|Israel (Palestine). The Jews.||DS101-151|
Selected Subject Headings
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- Commandments, Six hundred and thirteen.
- Religious Zionism.
- Women in Judaism.
- Judaism--20th century.
- Judaism and politics.
- Judaism--Customs and practices.
- Judaism--Hasidic rite.
- Judaism--Prayers and devotions.
- Judaism--Sephardic rite--Customs and practices.
- Israel-Arab Border Conflicts, 1949-
- Israel-Arab War, 1948-1949.
- Israel--Armed Forces.
- Israel--Emigration and immigration.
- Israel--Ethnic relations.
- Israel. Keneset.
- Israel--Military policy.
- Israel--Politics and government.
- Balfour Declaration.
Selected Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|Israel in the Middle East : documents and readings on society, politics, and foreign relations, pre-1948 to the present||DS 126.5 .I784 2007|
|Citizen strangers : Palestinians and the birth of Israel's liberal settler state||DS 113.7 .R56 2013|
|Encyclopedia of Zionism and Israel||DS 149 .E597|
|Israel's Lebanon war||REMOTE DS 87.53 .S3515 1984|
|The birth of the Palestinian refugee problem revisited||HV 640.5 .A6 M67 2004|
|A very political economy : peacebuilding and foreign aid in the West Bank and Gaza||HC 415.254 .B79 2000|
|What Is Modern Israel?||eBook|
|Handbook of Israel: Major Debates||eBook|
|Modern Judaism : An Oxford Guide||eBook|
|The Making of the Modern Jewish Bible : How Scholars in Germany, Israel, and America Transformed an Ancient Text||eBook|
|Jewish–Christian Difference and Modern Jewish Identity : Seven Twentieth-Century Converts||eBook|
|Citizen strangers : Palestinians and the birth of Israel's liberal settler state / Shira Robinson||DS 113.7 .R56 2013|
|The making of a human bomb : an ethnography of Palestinian resistance||HV 6433 .P25 A28 2009|
|Unfree in Palestine : Registration, Documentation and Movement Restriction||eBook|
|The New Jew in Film : Exploring Jewishness and Judaism in Contemporary Cinema||eBook|
|The New Jew in Film : Exploring Jewishness and Judaism in Contemporary Cinema||BM 700 .D58|
|For the Love of God and People : A Philosophy of Jewish Law||eBook|
|Judaism Today : An Introduction||eBook|
Selected Research Databases
The following databases are specifically useful for your topic. You can search them individually on the databases page.
- Academic Search Complete
- America: History and Life
- Encyclopedia of Religion
- Humanities International Complete
- MasterFILE Premier
- Military & Government Collection
- Nations of the World 2014
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Women’s Studies International
Selected Journals and Magazines
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. YOu can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Israel studies : IS
- Israel affairs
- Israel Studies Review
- Israel Studies Forum
- Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics, and Culture
- Journal of Palestine Studies
- Judaism: A Quarterly Journal of Jewish Life and Thought
- Women in Judaism
- Journal of Judaism & Civilization
- Modern Judaism: A Journal of Jewish Ideas and Experience
- Quest : Issues in Contemporary Jewish History
- Jewish Quarterly
- Meorot : A Journal of Modern Orthodox Discourse
- Nashim: A Journal of Jewish Women's Studies & Gender Issues
- Journal of Jewish Thought and Philosophy
Selected Websites and Digital Archives
The following websites are librarian-evaluated to provide trustworthy information for your topic. They include digitized collections connected to your topic.