Websites and Digital Archives
The following websites are librarian-evaluated to provide trustworthy information for your topic. They include digitized collections connected to your topic.
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- Cicero, Marcus Tullius
- Latin language
- Latin language -- Composition and exercises
- Latin language -- Grammar
- Latin literature
- Latin poetry
- Latin philology
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. You can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Latin Language and Latin Culture: From Ancient to Modern Times
- Latin for Beginners
- Latin: Story of a World Language
- College Latin
- The Cambridge Manual of Latin Epigraphy
- Latin Grammar: A QuickStudy Language Reference Guide
- Understanding Language: A Guide for Beginning Students of Greek and Latin
- Latin Verbs: QuickStudy Reference Guide
Print Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|Wheelock’s Latin||PA 2087.5 .W44 2011|
|Why Vergil?: a collection of interpretations||PA 6825 .W46 1999|
|The Cambridge Companion to Virgil||PA 6825 .C35 1997|
|Cassell’s Latin Dictionary||PA 2365 .E5 C3 1959|
|The Concise Oxford Companion to Classical Literature||PA 31 .H69 1993|
|Cicero’s First Catilinarian Oration||PA 6279 .C31 1997|
|The Aeneid (trans. Robert Fagles)||PA 6807 .A5 F25 2008|