Websites and Digital Archives
The following websites are librarian-evaluated to provide trustworthy information for your topic. They include digitized collections connected to your topic.
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- Mathematics ‚ examinations, questions, etc.
- Mathematics ‚ charts, diagrams, etc.
- Mathematics ‚ computer-assisted instruction
- Mathematics ‚ dictionaries
- Mathematics ‚ education
- Mathematics ‚ education ‚ periodicals
- Mathematics ‚ Encyclopedias
- Mathematics ‚ formulae
- Mathematics ‚ handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Mathematics ‚ history
- Mathematics in art
- Mathematics ‚ methodology
- Mathematics ‚ Periodicals
- Mathematics ‚ Philosophy
The following databases are specifically useful for your topic. You can search them individually on the databases page.
- Academic Search Complete
- Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- Credo Reference
- Debating Issues in American Education
- Education Research Complete
- MasterFILE Premier
- Military & Government Collection
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Teacher Reference Center
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. YOu can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Mathematics Educator
- Mathematics Teacher Education and Development
- Mathematics Teaching
- Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education
- Mathematics and Computer Education
Print Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|Teaching the female brain : how girls learn math and science||QA 11.2 .J36 2009|
|Math study skills workbook||QA 11.2 .N65 2008|
|What successful math teachers do, grades preK-5||QA 13 .W345 2007|
|Developing mathematical reasoning in grades K-12||QA 1 .N3|
|Knowing and teaching elementary mathematics||QA 135 .M22|
|Tips for the mathematics teacher : research-based strategies||QA 11 .P61764|
|Inventive strategies for teaching mathematics||QA 11 .M4964|
|Fundamental constructs in mathematics education||e-Book|
|Weeding and sowing preface to a science of mathematical education||e-Book|
|Engaging young children in mathematics||e-Book|
|Mathematical proficiency for all students||e-Book|
|Perspectives on school algebra||e-Book|
|Radical constructivism in mathematics education||e-Book|
|History in mathematics education||e-Book|
|Towards gender equity in mathematics education an ICMI study||e-Book|
|The politics of mathematics education||e-Book|
|Researching mathematics classrooms a critical examination||e-Book|
|Learning and teaching number theory||e-Book|
|Perspectives on practice and meaning in mathematics||e-Book|