Websites and Digital Archives
The following websites are librarian-evaluated to provide trustworthy information for your topic. They include digitized collections connected to your topic.
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- Teachers – Training of
- Teachers – Training of – Government Policy – United States
- Teachers – Training of – United States — Curricula
- Student Teaching
- Teachers – Training of – Standards – United States
- Teachers – Training of – United States – Societies, etc.
- Teaching – United States
- Teachers – Training of – United States
- Teaching – United States — Examinations
The following databases are specifically useful for your topic. You can search them individually on the databases page.
- Academic Search Complete
- Associates Programs Source
- Business Source Complete
- Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- Credo Reference
- Education Research Complete
- Legal Collection
- MasterFILE Premier
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Regional Business News
- Teacher Reference Center
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. YOu can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Issues in Teacher Education
- Journal of Teacher Education
- Teacher Development
- Teacher Education Quarterly
- Applied Measurement in Education
Print Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|How to Develop a Professional Portfolio: A Manual||LB 2838 .H56|
|A Pocket Guide for Student Teachers||LB 2157 .C58|
|Ultimate guide to becoming a teacher||LB 1715 .U25|
|Rethinking standards through teacher preparation||e-Book|
|Testing teacher candidates: the role of licensure tests||e-Book|