Western Civilization 1
Websites and Digital Archives
Subject headings are selected terms to represent a topic. Searching subject headings in the library catalog will bring the most complete list of results. Below are some example subject headings. More subject headings can be located in the red books at the reference desk.
- Civilization -- Western Civilization -- Greek Influences
- Greece -- History -- To 146 B.C.
- Greece -- History -- Persian Wars, 500-449 B.C.
- Rome -- Politics and Government
- Rome -- History -- Republic, 265-30 B.C.
- Rome -- History -- Empire, 30 B.C.-476 A.D.
- Augustus, Emperor of Rome, 63 B.C.-14 A.D.
- Christianity -- Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600
- Germanic peoples
- Europe -- History -- 392-814
- English poetry -- Old English, ca. 450-1100
- Islam -- History
- Islamic Empire -- History -- 622-661
- Charlemagne, Emperor, 742-814
- Crusades -- First, 1096-1099
The following databases are specifically useful for your topic. You can search them individually on the databases page.
The following journals supply articles to the library’s databases. YOu can see if a specific journal supplies articles to our databases by searching the journal title on the library journal page.
- Classical World
- Early medieval Europe
- Essays in History
- Europe-Asia Studies
- Greek, Roman and Byzantine Studies
- Journal of Greco-Roman Christianity and Judaism
- Journal of Qur’anic Studies
- Journal of Roman Studies
Print Materials at the Von Canon Library
Below are some selected materials in the library with their shelving locations. Browsing in the listed areas of the library will help you find more materials for your topic.
|Ancient Greece: social and historical documents from archaic times to the death of Alexander the Great||DF 75 .D55 2010|
|Fox's book of martyrs: a history of the lives, sufferings and triumphant deaths of the early Christian and the Protestant martyrs.||BR 1600 .F62 1926|
|The Roman Empire and its Germanic peoples||DG 312 .W6613 1997|
|Empires of faith : the fall of Rome to the rise of Islam, 500-700.||D 121 .S27 2011|
|Destiny Disrupted: a history of the world through Islamic eyes||DS 35.65 .A57 2009|